Of Friends and Escapism

In less than 11 hours from now, I will encounter a literature paper in the examination hall (obviously). But, of course, I choose to blog instead of reviewing the poems tonight.

our little rendezvous~

The thing is, I can't wait to answer the paper and then 'escape' with a good friend of mine (you know who you are). We tend to go out (A LOT) whenever we're ravenous, bored or stressed. We both are fascinated with the ideas of the word - introverts. Despite the fact that we're both introverts, she would do most of the talking (call for delivery, talk to strangers mostly) because I wouldn't (social anxiety hits me). Because we're so quiet in class, but secretly we talk about bizarre things (most people wouldn't expect that) to each other. Our frequent visits to the books stores is healing. Obviously, we love books and .... movies. There is no awkward silence between us. Silence is good - as long as there's music! Sometime we would argue, most of the times because I get offended easily. Then everything would be fine. That's normal, I guess. I don't want a shallow, fake friendship where we just smile and talk nice things and that's it. 

I don't have a lot of friends. That does not mean that I'm a bad person (get to know me first before judging me yes please). Perhaps making friends is not my forte. I can count how many close friends I have. I value them and I still keep in touch with them. I gain some. I even lose some. Once they stop making an effort to keep in touch with me (you know like do not even bother to meet me, talk to me or reply my messages) I would stop too. If you can't even keep up a conversation with me, why do we even call ourselves as best friends? I'm thankful for those who stay. The fact that you can bear with my attitude is a-ma-zing!  

1 comment:

Bambam Macaron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.